Lifeguard in water park
It will be important to talk to witnesses to find out whether the lifeguards were actually performing their duties at the time the child drowned. As painful as it might be, it will also be necessary to determine if the child’s actions led to his death. For example, had he been asked to stop some behavior, such as trying to hold his breath under water? It will also be necessary to find out if the part of the park where the child drowned is designed in an unreasonably dangerous way, or is insufficiently marked for danger. Some examples might include a section of a wave pool or river where there is a particularly strong current or undertow or where the waves get higher than in other parts.
It may be more difficult to hold any individual lifeguard liable unless you can show that one, or a group, was acting in a particularly negligent or careless manner. An example of this might be that the lifeguards at that park spend more time chatting among themselves or with members of the opposite sex who are at the water park than watching for park patrons. Your attorney may want to talk to witnesses as well as examine park records for any records of complaints against the lifeguards.
Moreover, it is likely that the individual lifeguards will be judgment proof – in other words, no matter what monetary award may be brought against them, the injured child's family may never be able to collect it from them. This is, in large part, because lifeguards are generally high school or college students and lifeguarding is often their only job, and it does not pay particularly well. Getting a judgment of several million dollars against someone who will never be able to pay it back is comparable to not receiving a judgment at all.
- October 20, 2017The first impression of the public on water park is that the water park is hot, colorful, and flow, etc. But the more impressive thing is that the number of casualties caused by its safety accidents a...view
- May 28, 2018The operation of a water park can retain visitors and make long-term development or not depends on the satisfaction of tourists which is a very important item. Therefore, to the old and new operators ...view
- July 6, 20171. Need to put rules and notices of water amusement park equipment in obvious position, the operation staff should ask the visitors to keep attention, and broadcast repeatedly, to prevent unexpected a...view
- January 15, 2018Many investors are paying more and more attention to planning a water park, and they are not thinking as much as they used to. Good planning to yield twice the result with half the effort, and the ave...view
- October 20, 2017In the people's impression, the water park industry has always been regarded as a profiteering industry. But as a water park investor, there must be a clear understanding: profit is a must, and we sho...view
- February 25, 2017With the rapid development of the Internet, more and more customers began to know price of the water park equipment through the network channels, but these customers seem to have a question, it will mostly focus on price of water park.view