Lifeguard in water park
It will be important to talk to witnesses to find out whether the lifeguards were actually performing their duties at the time the child drowned. As painful as it might be, it will also be necessary to determine if the child’s actions led to his death. For example, had he been asked to stop some behavior, such as trying to hold his breath under water? It will also be necessary to find out if the part of the park where the child drowned is designed in an unreasonably dangerous way, or is insufficiently marked for danger. Some examples might include a section of a wave pool or river where there is a particularly strong current or undertow or where the waves get higher than in other parts.
It may be more difficult to hold any individual lifeguard liable unless you can show that one, or a group, was acting in a particularly negligent or careless manner. An example of this might be that the lifeguards at that park spend more time chatting among themselves or with members of the opposite sex who are at the water park than watching for park patrons. Your attorney may want to talk to witnesses as well as examine park records for any records of complaints against the lifeguards.
Moreover, it is likely that the individual lifeguards will be judgment proof – in other words, no matter what monetary award may be brought against them, the injured child's family may never be able to collect it from them. This is, in large part, because lifeguards are generally high school or college students and lifeguarding is often their only job, and it does not pay particularly well. Getting a judgment of several million dollars against someone who will never be able to pay it back is comparable to not receiving a judgment at all.
- February 8, 2018How should water park be like?Themed Design can fundamentally be defined as the creation of a Dimensional Story Experience unified by a Theme. We really do think about it the way that we think about a...view
- July 6, 2017In many ways, a visitor to a water park shouldn’t have to maximize her fun; it should be built into the very fabric of the place and the experience that can be had there. From slides to wave pools, a...view
- October 31, 2017With the improvement of living standards, water park market appeared many changes. Here, let's talk about how to keep your water park stable long-term development.1. Choosing better themes Many water ...view
- September 22, 2017These are basic water park safety tips to make your experience near the water safer.1, Learn to swim. The best thing anyone can do to stay safe in and around the water is to learn to swim.2, Always sw...view
- March 5, 2018In recent years, water park construction showing a spurt of development, according to incomplete statistics, every year tens of hundreds of new water parks emerging, developed countries, developing co...view
- July 6, 20171. Project investment depends on specific circumstances, do not pursue novelty and large-scale blindlyIn the limited open time to obtain a higher profit, it needs higher requirements for water amuseme...view