Build a Hotel Indoor Waterpark!
By Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd.
If you’re planning to add an indoor water park to your existing hotel or start from scratch with a new construction project.
Did you hear the one about the guy who built a yacht in his basement and then had to tear down his house to get the boat out? Well, it can be the same problem in reverse when you’re building an indoor water park. Many times, you have to build the water structure first --- you know, the waterslides and the treehouse. Then you build the walls around it and a roof over the top of it. This can be just one of the unique things about constructing indoor waterparks that requires expert help early in the design stage.
Want to Build a Hotel Waterpark Resort? Here are some tips:
First, get a market analysis and feasibility study done. Ask an independent consultant quantify the demand in your area and specify the size of your indoor water park. Sizing your water park must be done in relation to the size of your hotel, area demographics and the preferences of the potential guests within 200 miles of your hotel.
Using your feasibility report, determine a tentative footprint for your indoor water park, let’s say 30,000 square feet. Give this footprint to a pool designer and a waterslide manufacturer along with the report recommendations and list of features, such as slides, treehouse, rocks, pools, spas, lazy river, wavemaker, mushrooms and geysers.
Ask the designer to read the feasibility report regarding the target market and recommend some design and theme concepts.
Ask the waterslide manufacturer’s engineers to work with designer to determine where slides will end and start, design the slide radiuses and descents that are acceptable and determine the final footprint of your building.
Indoor waterparks are much more than a pool with a slide. They include many complex systems that must be integrated to provide the highest possible entertainment value.
More Tips On How to Build a Hotel Indoor Water park
Go back to the drawing board until you get the pool designer’s OK that all desired attractions can properly fit into the building. Confirm all elevations for fit.
Understand that you will be using 30-40 inch diameter HVAC ductwork in your indoor waterpark. That’s a lot to fit inside the building. These large ducts will be used to keep the indoor environment fresh and comfortable. You will have to use 100% outside air.
Inside air can’t be reused because it is filled with humidity and odor from pool water treatment chemicals. At the same time, you want to recapture the heat using a heat recovery device to keep energy costs down. Be sure to ask an HVAC engineer for help.
More than half of the construction work is the installation of pumps and underground pipes. Pour the foundations for the walls of the indoor waterpark. You will have to remove up to 5-6 ft of dirt inside for the pool piping system.
Inspect the concrete work, walls and foundations. Check for sharp edges. Test the slides. Adjust the water flow for the proper speed. Regulate the flow and speed for each slide.
- January 23, 2018The water park from the moment of birth, it is not contrary to the nature of water park equipment project - it is a basic function for the pleasure of the experience, and the equipment recreation is i...view
- September 22, 2017These are basic water park safety tips to make your experience near the water safer.1, Learn to swim. The best thing anyone can do to stay safe in and around the water is to learn to swim.2, Always sw...view
- November 20, 2017Investing a water park is not an easy issue, it relates to every aspect and investor should consider all.While the planning and operation is the key point to make a wonderful water park. If the invest...view
- September 7, 2017Plan your time at the water park well and you should be in for a fun-filled day.There are 3 ways for Water park Fun:1. Choose your park carefully. If there are several within reach of your accommodati...view
- July 6, 2017Water park is made up of a variety of different functions of water park equipment supporting facilities and environmental art . The different function of water park equipment combined with each other,...view
- May 28, 2018The operation of a water park can retain visitors and make long-term development or not depends on the satisfaction of tourists which is a very important item. Therefore, to the old and new operators ...view