Build a Hotel Indoor Waterpark!
By Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd.
If you’re planning to add an indoor water park to your existing hotel or start from scratch with a new construction project.
Did you hear the one about the guy who built a yacht in his basement and then had to tear down his house to get the boat out? Well, it can be the same problem in reverse when you’re building an indoor water park. Many times, you have to build the water structure first --- you know, the waterslides and the treehouse. Then you build the walls around it and a roof over the top of it. This can be just one of the unique things about constructing indoor waterparks that requires expert help early in the design stage.
Want to Build a Hotel Waterpark Resort? Here are some tips:
First, get a market analysis and feasibility study done. Ask an independent consultant quantify the demand in your area and specify the size of your indoor water park. Sizing your water park must be done in relation to the size of your hotel, area demographics and the preferences of the potential guests within 200 miles of your hotel.
Using your feasibility report, determine a tentative footprint for your indoor water park, let’s say 30,000 square feet. Give this footprint to a pool designer and a waterslide manufacturer along with the report recommendations and list of features, such as slides, treehouse, rocks, pools, spas, lazy river, wavemaker, mushrooms and geysers.
Ask the designer to read the feasibility report regarding the target market and recommend some design and theme concepts.
Ask the waterslide manufacturer’s engineers to work with designer to determine where slides will end and start, design the slide radiuses and descents that are acceptable and determine the final footprint of your building.
Indoor waterparks are much more than a pool with a slide. They include many complex systems that must be integrated to provide the highest possible entertainment value.
More Tips On How to Build a Hotel Indoor Water park
Go back to the drawing board until you get the pool designer’s OK that all desired attractions can properly fit into the building. Confirm all elevations for fit.
Understand that you will be using 30-40 inch diameter HVAC ductwork in your indoor waterpark. That’s a lot to fit inside the building. These large ducts will be used to keep the indoor environment fresh and comfortable. You will have to use 100% outside air.
Inside air can’t be reused because it is filled with humidity and odor from pool water treatment chemicals. At the same time, you want to recapture the heat using a heat recovery device to keep energy costs down. Be sure to ask an HVAC engineer for help.
More than half of the construction work is the installation of pumps and underground pipes. Pour the foundations for the walls of the indoor waterpark. You will have to remove up to 5-6 ft of dirt inside for the pool piping system.
Inspect the concrete work, walls and foundations. Check for sharp edges. Test the slides. Adjust the water flow for the proper speed. Regulate the flow and speed for each slide.
- March 12, 2018What makes it even better is that I should have been at work. You might be wondering, what good reason does an adult have to be at a water park on a weekday?1. You're in a state of childlike happiness...view
- April 24, 20181. The location and scale of water park construction is very important.The location of water park should be convenient for transportation, and the scale should be based on the local traffic flow, cons...view
- February 8, 2018How should water park be like?Themed Design can fundamentally be defined as the creation of a Dimensional Story Experience unified by a Theme. We really do think about it the way that we think about a...view
- July 6, 2017New water park equipment operating costs are relatively high, but because of its popularity, the benefits will be very high.New water park equipment is relatively popular, but is also relatively scarc...view
- July 6, 2017Since most of the business for your water park will peak during the summer months; you need to promote the recreational facility that will generate interest from local and out-of-town visitors as soon...view
- July 6, 2017In many ways, a visitor to a water park shouldn’t have to maximize her fun; it should be built into the very fabric of the place and the experience that can be had there. From slides to wave pools, a...view