Build a Hotel Indoor Waterpark!
By Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd.
If you’re planning to add an indoor water park to your existing hotel or start from scratch with a new construction project.
Did you hear the one about the guy who built a yacht in his basement and then had to tear down his house to get the boat out? Well, it can be the same problem in reverse when you’re building an indoor water park. Many times, you have to build the water structure first --- you know, the waterslides and the treehouse. Then you build the walls around it and a roof over the top of it. This can be just one of the unique things about constructing indoor waterparks that requires expert help early in the design stage.
Want to Build a Hotel Waterpark Resort? Here are some tips:
First, get a market analysis and feasibility study done. Ask an independent consultant quantify the demand in your area and specify the size of your indoor water park. Sizing your water park must be done in relation to the size of your hotel, area demographics and the preferences of the potential guests within 200 miles of your hotel.
Using your feasibility report, determine a tentative footprint for your indoor water park, let’s say 30,000 square feet. Give this footprint to a pool designer and a waterslide manufacturer along with the report recommendations and list of features, such as slides, treehouse, rocks, pools, spas, lazy river, wavemaker, mushrooms and geysers.
Ask the designer to read the feasibility report regarding the target market and recommend some design and theme concepts.
Ask the waterslide manufacturer’s engineers to work with designer to determine where slides will end and start, design the slide radiuses and descents that are acceptable and determine the final footprint of your building.
Indoor waterparks are much more than a pool with a slide. They include many complex systems that must be integrated to provide the highest possible entertainment value.
More Tips On How to Build a Hotel Indoor Water park
Go back to the drawing board until you get the pool designer’s OK that all desired attractions can properly fit into the building. Confirm all elevations for fit.
Understand that you will be using 30-40 inch diameter HVAC ductwork in your indoor waterpark. That’s a lot to fit inside the building. These large ducts will be used to keep the indoor environment fresh and comfortable. You will have to use 100% outside air.
Inside air can’t be reused because it is filled with humidity and odor from pool water treatment chemicals. At the same time, you want to recapture the heat using a heat recovery device to keep energy costs down. Be sure to ask an HVAC engineer for help.
More than half of the construction work is the installation of pumps and underground pipes. Pour the foundations for the walls of the indoor waterpark. You will have to remove up to 5-6 ft of dirt inside for the pool piping system.
Inspect the concrete work, walls and foundations. Check for sharp edges. Test the slides. Adjust the water flow for the proper speed. Regulate the flow and speed for each slide.
- October 31, 2017We have over 15 years of experience on water park equipment producing and we also focus on water park managing, from our experience ,we suggest park owner take actions before the accident happened:1. ...view
- October 20, 2017Successfully investing in a water park is not a simple matter. It involves all aspects and needs investors to get a comprehensive grasp to win! Among the many factors affecting water park projects, si...view
- April 23, 20211. The importance of water slidesAmong all water amusement equipment, the largest category undoubtedly belongs to water slides. Whether it is a large water slide or a small children's slide, its p...view
- May 26, 2020Precautions for Water Park Operators of the Water Slide FacilityMore or Less, the climax of power consumption unstabilizes the electric voltage to fall short for 220V. Always be alert to the warning t...view
- November 20, 2017If your dream is to open a water park, one of the first things you'll need to do is determine the startup costs, whether you're independently wealthy or dependent upon investors. Even if you plan to o...view
- July 6, 2017In many ways, a visitor to a water park shouldn’t have to maximize her fun; it should be built into the very fabric of the place and the experience that can be had there. From slides to wave pools, a...view