Build a Hotel Indoor Waterpark!
By Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd.
If you’re planning to add an indoor water park to your existing hotel or start from scratch with a new construction project.
Did you hear the one about the guy who built a yacht in his basement and then had to tear down his house to get the boat out? Well, it can be the same problem in reverse when you’re building an indoor water park. Many times, you have to build the water structure first --- you know, the waterslides and the treehouse. Then you build the walls around it and a roof over the top of it. This can be just one of the unique things about constructing indoor waterparks that requires expert help early in the design stage.
Want to Build a Hotel Waterpark Resort? Here are some tips:
First, get a market analysis and feasibility study done. Ask an independent consultant quantify the demand in your area and specify the size of your indoor water park. Sizing your water park must be done in relation to the size of your hotel, area demographics and the preferences of the potential guests within 200 miles of your hotel.
Using your feasibility report, determine a tentative footprint for your indoor water park, let’s say 30,000 square feet. Give this footprint to a pool designer and a waterslide manufacturer along with the report recommendations and list of features, such as slides, treehouse, rocks, pools, spas, lazy river, wavemaker, mushrooms and geysers.
Ask the designer to read the feasibility report regarding the target market and recommend some design and theme concepts.
Ask the waterslide manufacturer’s engineers to work with designer to determine where slides will end and start, design the slide radiuses and descents that are acceptable and determine the final footprint of your building.
Indoor waterparks are much more than a pool with a slide. They include many complex systems that must be integrated to provide the highest possible entertainment value.
More Tips On How to Build a Hotel Indoor Water park
Go back to the drawing board until you get the pool designer’s OK that all desired attractions can properly fit into the building. Confirm all elevations for fit.
Understand that you will be using 30-40 inch diameter HVAC ductwork in your indoor waterpark. That’s a lot to fit inside the building. These large ducts will be used to keep the indoor environment fresh and comfortable. You will have to use 100% outside air.
Inside air can’t be reused because it is filled with humidity and odor from pool water treatment chemicals. At the same time, you want to recapture the heat using a heat recovery device to keep energy costs down. Be sure to ask an HVAC engineer for help.
More than half of the construction work is the installation of pumps and underground pipes. Pour the foundations for the walls of the indoor waterpark. You will have to remove up to 5-6 ft of dirt inside for the pool piping system.
Inspect the concrete work, walls and foundations. Check for sharp edges. Test the slides. Adjust the water flow for the proper speed. Regulate the flow and speed for each slide.
- November 20, 2017According to Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd, a famous water park equipment manufacturer in China, "Indoor water parks are much more than a pool with a slide. They include many com...view
- August 20, 2018Haisan theme park water slides can be your satisfactory choice in summer because there is nothing can beat the heat better than water and fun! The Haisan tornado slide can furnish young people a refre...view
- April 24, 2018I. Construction of safety system. 1. Make safety management system; 2. Sign the safety responsibility book; 3. Integrate safety into the performance appraisal system; 4. Establishment of a security reward...view
- September 22, 2017Many rides will have an age and/or height requirement.Prepare to be climbing stairs for most attractions. If you're in poor physical shape, disabled or elderly this may present a problem.Expect there ...view
- January 15, 2018Many investors are paying more and more attention to planning a water park, and they are not thinking as much as they used to. Good planning to yield twice the result with half the effort, and the ave...view
- September 7, 2017For private developers, the definition of success is simple … to make money! For municipal waterparks, however, the definition of success can be:Earn revenues that cover its costs and any future expa...view