Build a Hotel Indoor Waterpark!
By Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd.
If you’re planning to add an indoor water park to your existing hotel or start from scratch with a new construction project.
Did you hear the one about the guy who built a yacht in his basement and then had to tear down his house to get the boat out? Well, it can be the same problem in reverse when you’re building an indoor water park. Many times, you have to build the water structure first --- you know, the waterslides and the treehouse. Then you build the walls around it and a roof over the top of it. This can be just one of the unique things about constructing indoor waterparks that requires expert help early in the design stage.
Want to Build a Hotel Waterpark Resort? Here are some tips:
First, get a market analysis and feasibility study done. Ask an independent consultant quantify the demand in your area and specify the size of your indoor water park. Sizing your water park must be done in relation to the size of your hotel, area demographics and the preferences of the potential guests within 200 miles of your hotel.
Using your feasibility report, determine a tentative footprint for your indoor water park, let’s say 30,000 square feet. Give this footprint to a pool designer and a waterslide manufacturer along with the report recommendations and list of features, such as slides, treehouse, rocks, pools, spas, lazy river, wavemaker, mushrooms and geysers.
Ask the designer to read the feasibility report regarding the target market and recommend some design and theme concepts.
Ask the waterslide manufacturer’s engineers to work with designer to determine where slides will end and start, design the slide radiuses and descents that are acceptable and determine the final footprint of your building.
Indoor waterparks are much more than a pool with a slide. They include many complex systems that must be integrated to provide the highest possible entertainment value.
More Tips On How to Build a Hotel Indoor Water park
Go back to the drawing board until you get the pool designer’s OK that all desired attractions can properly fit into the building. Confirm all elevations for fit.
Understand that you will be using 30-40 inch diameter HVAC ductwork in your indoor waterpark. That’s a lot to fit inside the building. These large ducts will be used to keep the indoor environment fresh and comfortable. You will have to use 100% outside air.
Inside air can’t be reused because it is filled with humidity and odor from pool water treatment chemicals. At the same time, you want to recapture the heat using a heat recovery device to keep energy costs down. Be sure to ask an HVAC engineer for help.
More than half of the construction work is the installation of pumps and underground pipes. Pour the foundations for the walls of the indoor waterpark. You will have to remove up to 5-6 ft of dirt inside for the pool piping system.
Inspect the concrete work, walls and foundations. Check for sharp edges. Test the slides. Adjust the water flow for the proper speed. Regulate the flow and speed for each slide.
- August 20, 2018As a dream water world, a water park is an enjoyable place or a water play areas which have swimming pools, water slides, splash pads, and water playgrounds. Water parks are simply like a dream water ...view
- July 6, 2017Water park equipment suppliers -- Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd. thought that can start from the following aspects for how to keep water park industry fresh after years of water p...view
- October 31, 2017With the improvement of living standards, water park market appeared many changes. Here, let's talk about how to keep your water park stable long-term development.1. Choosing better themes Many water ...view
- November 10, 2017Kunming Information Report- Reporter Liying and Yangyan It is up to the autumn, but the heat was not diminished for Qingyu Bay Water Park that is located in Little Haikou, West mountain. Visitors ...view
- July 6, 2017As is known to all, as a water park, the management of water quality is very important. No matter what a water amusement equipment, the requirements of water quality and management are very strict, because if water quality management is not good, it willview
- October 31, 2017We have over 15 years of experience on water park equipment producing and we also focus on water park managing, from our experience ,we suggest park owner take actions before the accident happened:1. ...view