Studying to Build a Water Park
If you don’t have the market draw in your location, building a waterpark too big will increase your expenses, but not your revenues. If you build it too small, you may not have the amenities to attract a large segment of the population. Paying for a feasibility study at this early stage may be the best money you could spend in helping to define your market while determining realistic outcomes. It’s a small fraction of what your waterpark will cost that will save you from making expensive mistakes later.
One of the biggest mistakes people make is underestimating the cost of operating a waterpark. Labor alone can make up 50-60% of your operating budget. With all the turns and blind spots in a waterpark, the lifeguard requirement is significantly higher than a traditional style pool. Also, it’s not just one recirculation pump running now. You may have a dozen or more pumps running aquatic activities and features, which demand a lot of energy. And don’t forget all those patrons coming to your waterpark bring dirt, organic matter, bacteria, hair, makeup, suntan/body oils, and other debris into your pools, which significantly increase your chemical demand.
The other mistake is getting too excited about all the money that can be made. People often go to a waterpark on a Saturday and think, “Wow look at all these people … this place must be making a fortune.” But during the week there might be a fraction of this attendance. You may hit your capacity every Saturday, but during the work week attendance drops off, not to mention the weather factor that could cause closer and school calendars that recess for the summer in mid-June, while others start back in mid-August.
- November 30, 2021The water park project is a recreational water playground with water as the main feature, water slides, wave pools, rafting rivers and other water park equipment. Its rise has changed the form of wate...view
- March 5, 2018Water parks set off a wave in the world. The sustained high temperature in the hot summer, single swimming and water cool can't meet the demand to cool the people and people's demand for water park is...view
- April 21, 2020Generally speaking, an air-type surf pool is the best choice for entertainment surf pools to create waves. The wave-making equipment mainly consists of air chamber, fan, valve mechanism, air pipe sys...view
- April 21, 2020Tourists sit in a four-leaf grass shaped floating circle and start to glide from the starting point of the platform up to 16 meters. They fly into the huge trumpet shaped slide, like being sucked into...view
- April 21, 2020The water park is one of the most popular places to visit in summer. What facilities does the water park usually have? Let's take a look.① Kids’ Water SlidesIt is preferable to forward place a k...view
- April 4, 2019Park planningBefore starting the construction of water parks, we should first look for water park equipment manufacturers to do planning scheme, and then arrange the equipments of the water park legit...view