Studying to Build a Water Park
If you don’t have the market draw in your location, building a waterpark too big will increase your expenses, but not your revenues. If you build it too small, you may not have the amenities to attract a large segment of the population. Paying for a feasibility study at this early stage may be the best money you could spend in helping to define your market while determining realistic outcomes. It’s a small fraction of what your waterpark will cost that will save you from making expensive mistakes later.
One of the biggest mistakes people make is underestimating the cost of operating a waterpark. Labor alone can make up 50-60% of your operating budget. With all the turns and blind spots in a waterpark, the lifeguard requirement is significantly higher than a traditional style pool. Also, it’s not just one recirculation pump running now. You may have a dozen or more pumps running aquatic activities and features, which demand a lot of energy. And don’t forget all those patrons coming to your waterpark bring dirt, organic matter, bacteria, hair, makeup, suntan/body oils, and other debris into your pools, which significantly increase your chemical demand.
The other mistake is getting too excited about all the money that can be made. People often go to a waterpark on a Saturday and think, “Wow look at all these people … this place must be making a fortune.” But during the week there might be a fraction of this attendance. You may hit your capacity every Saturday, but during the work week attendance drops off, not to mention the weather factor that could cause closer and school calendars that recess for the summer in mid-June, while others start back in mid-August.
- October 15, 2018Tourists like to bring some souvenirs back, the entertainment industry needs to maximize the use of the retail area, custom souvenirs and specialty products become the needs of tourists. As water park...view
- July 6, 2017Haisan Company—the water park equipment manufacturer, think in the fierce competition, the water park will have the following three functions:1. Enrich the product system in the tourist area, meet th...view
- May 14, 2019The reason is that some water recreation projects have spent almost all their efforts in the creation of water (such as the construction of spacious venues in water park from HAISAN water slide supplier and the addition of high-tech water amusement equipmview
- November 2, 2020As a kind of healthy leisure entertainment facility, water parks are more and more favored by customers. They are entertainment areas that people must go in summer. Many necessary service facilities s...view
- November 20, 2017Nowadays, the water park is a very popular resort in Summer, which attract many potential investors pay close attention to this investment. For the potential investors, how to choose the ideal water p...view
- July 6, 2017In the Summer the hot spots for people to cool off and beat the heat are water parks. When you’re visiting a water park you must keep in mind it's important to stay safe. So,before you head off to yo...view