Studying to Build a Water Park
If you don’t have the market draw in your location, building a waterpark too big will increase your expenses, but not your revenues. If you build it too small, you may not have the amenities to attract a large segment of the population. Paying for a feasibility study at this early stage may be the best money you could spend in helping to define your market while determining realistic outcomes. It’s a small fraction of what your waterpark will cost that will save you from making expensive mistakes later.
One of the biggest mistakes people make is underestimating the cost of operating a waterpark. Labor alone can make up 50-60% of your operating budget. With all the turns and blind spots in a waterpark, the lifeguard requirement is significantly higher than a traditional style pool. Also, it’s not just one recirculation pump running now. You may have a dozen or more pumps running aquatic activities and features, which demand a lot of energy. And don’t forget all those patrons coming to your waterpark bring dirt, organic matter, bacteria, hair, makeup, suntan/body oils, and other debris into your pools, which significantly increase your chemical demand.
The other mistake is getting too excited about all the money that can be made. People often go to a waterpark on a Saturday and think, “Wow look at all these people … this place must be making a fortune.” But during the week there might be a fraction of this attendance. You may hit your capacity every Saturday, but during the work week attendance drops off, not to mention the weather factor that could cause closer and school calendars that recess for the summer in mid-June, while others start back in mid-August.
- October 31, 2017Recently, Meituan Comments Institute released the "student summer consumption trend big data report" . According to data, during the summer vacation, people who born after 1995 contributed 70% of the ...view
- October 15, 2018First, manufacturers credit qualification inquiryTo find out whether an enterprise is reliable or not, first of all, it is necessary to know the basic information of an enterprise. Investors can visit...view
- February 8, 2018How should water park be like?Themed Design can fundamentally be defined as the creation of a Dimensional Story Experience unified by a Theme. We really do think about it the way that we think about a...view
- July 6, 2017Defining SuccessFor private developers, the definition of success is simple … to make money! For municipal water parks, however, the definition of success can be:Earn revenues that cover its costs an...view
- July 6, 20171.Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. No one should go without waterproof sunscreen with SPF of 50 or higher. You should also reapply frequently, after getting in the water and especially after riding bo...view
- August 28, 2018The safety of water slide includes three factors, water flow, floating gear, tourist posture and so on. The strength and angle of the slide can cause safety accidents. Chongqing Caribbean Sea has been...view