Studying to Build a Water Park
If you don’t have the market draw in your location, building a waterpark too big will increase your expenses, but not your revenues. If you build it too small, you may not have the amenities to attract a large segment of the population. Paying for a feasibility study at this early stage may be the best money you could spend in helping to define your market while determining realistic outcomes. It’s a small fraction of what your waterpark will cost that will save you from making expensive mistakes later.
One of the biggest mistakes people make is underestimating the cost of operating a waterpark. Labor alone can make up 50-60% of your operating budget. With all the turns and blind spots in a waterpark, the lifeguard requirement is significantly higher than a traditional style pool. Also, it’s not just one recirculation pump running now. You may have a dozen or more pumps running aquatic activities and features, which demand a lot of energy. And don’t forget all those patrons coming to your waterpark bring dirt, organic matter, bacteria, hair, makeup, suntan/body oils, and other debris into your pools, which significantly increase your chemical demand.
The other mistake is getting too excited about all the money that can be made. People often go to a waterpark on a Saturday and think, “Wow look at all these people … this place must be making a fortune.” But during the week there might be a fraction of this attendance. You may hit your capacity every Saturday, but during the work week attendance drops off, not to mention the weather factor that could cause closer and school calendars that recess for the summer in mid-June, while others start back in mid-August.
- July 6, 20171. Need to put rules and notices of water amusement park equipment in obvious position, the operation staff should ask the visitors to keep attention, and broadcast repeatedly, to prevent unexpected a...view
- July 29, 2019Trumpet slideTourists sit in a four-leaf grass-shaped floating ring, start to glide from the 16-meter platform, , and fly into the huge trumpet-shaped slideway, like being sucked in by a tornado. In t...view
- July 29, 2019It is understood that there is still room for the development of the water park project in the next few years. Here are some of the world's craziest water slides for the water park industry. Let's see...view
- October 20, 2017In recent years, the water park has gained momentum, and developed rapidly and become a bright spot. With the gradual transformation of the water park and the upgrading of the quality, its operation a...view
- February 8, 2018Parents should always directly supervise their children, especially if children are young or weak swimmers. Below are a few tips to keep in mind when visiting a water park.- Children under 1.2m, non-s...view
- August 28, 2018The safety of water slide includes three factors, water flow, floating gear, tourist posture and so on. The strength and angle of the slide can cause safety accidents. Chongqing Caribbean Sea has been...view