Studying to Build a Water Park
If you don’t have the market draw in your location, building a waterpark too big will increase your expenses, but not your revenues. If you build it too small, you may not have the amenities to attract a large segment of the population. Paying for a feasibility study at this early stage may be the best money you could spend in helping to define your market while determining realistic outcomes. It’s a small fraction of what your waterpark will cost that will save you from making expensive mistakes later.
One of the biggest mistakes people make is underestimating the cost of operating a waterpark. Labor alone can make up 50-60% of your operating budget. With all the turns and blind spots in a waterpark, the lifeguard requirement is significantly higher than a traditional style pool. Also, it’s not just one recirculation pump running now. You may have a dozen or more pumps running aquatic activities and features, which demand a lot of energy. And don’t forget all those patrons coming to your waterpark bring dirt, organic matter, bacteria, hair, makeup, suntan/body oils, and other debris into your pools, which significantly increase your chemical demand.
The other mistake is getting too excited about all the money that can be made. People often go to a waterpark on a Saturday and think, “Wow look at all these people … this place must be making a fortune.” But during the week there might be a fraction of this attendance. You may hit your capacity every Saturday, but during the work week attendance drops off, not to mention the weather factor that could cause closer and school calendars that recess for the summer in mid-June, while others start back in mid-August.
- February 18, 20211. The importance of safety of water amusement park equipmentThe water parks are becoming more and more popular. For this reason, we must make preparations for water park safety in advance. Equipment ...view
- March 5, 2018Water parks set off a wave in the world. The sustained high temperature in the hot summer, single swimming and water cool can't meet the demand to cool the people and people's demand for water park is...view
- July 29, 2019I.The quality of Wave-making PoolWave-making pool is a kind of pond which is manually created to simulate ocean waves. In the water park, it is generally the largest of all water park equipment. It ca...view
- April 23, 20211. The importance of water slidesAmong all water amusement equipment, the largest category undoubtedly belongs to water slides. Whether it is a large water slide or a small children's slide, its p...view
- September 15, 2022For water park project investors, investing in water park projects today is worth a look. Almost all water park projects are profitable. Making such an investment not only pays back as soon as possibl...view
- April 21, 2020With the improvement of life, water entertainment wins great popularity. As a result, knowing more about children's entertainment is on to-do list. Among entertainments, children are more indulged...view