Tips to Manage Your Water Park
Most children and some adults like to visit a water park to cool down during the hot summer months. The manager is someone who the staff looks to for guidance. It takes a strong manager and people person to manage a water park.
Have a degree in business management, hospitality services or an ample amount of management experience for seasonal attractions. You will need to be able to predict problems and know how to market the park if you want to be a good water park manager.
Hire qualified staff members. Because your staff will always be around water. Making sure that your lifeguards are trained, certified and experienced should be a priority.
Prepare for emergencies. People who are in the sun may suffer from heat exhaustion or heat stroke. You may have some people who can't swim. It is a good idea to have regular disaster and training drills to make sure that your employees are always ready for emergencies.
Enforce all of the rules. It may be easy to let some infractions go. This is a bad idea. Water parks can prove deadly. Rules are necessary for safety. It is your job as the manager to make sure that employees and customers follow the rules.
Listen to your customers. You should be available to the customers when the park is open. Paper work should be done during slow business periods. It is a good idea to have an open door policy for both customers and employees.
Be prepared for the off season. This is the time of year when the water park equipment and attractions can be deep cleaned and sanitized. You will have to make sure the grounds stay presentable even during the off season. You can use this time to plan for the following open season.
Advertise effectively. You can do this all year long, even if the water park is closed for part of the year. Target local schools and businesses who will need a place to go for field trips or company social events.
- October 31, 2017With the rapid development of water park in China in recent ten years, large and small water parks almost all over the country, the water park is no longer a new thing for tourists. Therefore, simply ...view
- March 5, 2018Water parks set off a wave in the world. The sustained high temperature in the hot summer, single swimming and water cool can't meet the demand to cool the people and people's demand for water park is...view
- March 5, 2018Investing in the water park: "no more action will miss the good time".Playing water is the favorite summer vacation for tourists, how to seize this hot business opportunities from the summer investmen...view
- July 6, 2017Security is always the primary consideration in every field. This is especially true for water amusement industry! In scorching summer, water park equipment sends the gospel for the majority of consum...view
- March 5, 2018In recent years, water park construction showing a spurt of development, according to incomplete statistics, every year tens of hundreds of new water parks emerging, developed countries, developing co...view
- July 6, 2017The water park is a highly marketable tourist site, and 80 percent of the total of visitors comes to the water park in July, August, and September. Investors in the early stage of the planning of the ...view