Lifeguard in water park
It will be important to talk to witnesses to find out whether the lifeguards were actually performing their duties at the time the child drowned. As painful as it might be, it will also be necessary to determine if the child’s actions led to his death. For example, had he been asked to stop some behavior, such as trying to hold his breath under water? It will also be necessary to find out if the part of the park where the child drowned is designed in an unreasonably dangerous way, or is insufficiently marked for danger. Some examples might include a section of a wave pool or river where there is a particularly strong current or undertow or where the waves get higher than in other parts.
It may be more difficult to hold any individual lifeguard liable unless you can show that one, or a group, was acting in a particularly negligent or careless manner. An example of this might be that the lifeguards at that park spend more time chatting among themselves or with members of the opposite sex who are at the water park than watching for park patrons. Your attorney may want to talk to witnesses as well as examine park records for any records of complaints against the lifeguards.
Moreover, it is likely that the individual lifeguards will be judgment proof – in other words, no matter what monetary award may be brought against them, the injured child's family may never be able to collect it from them. This is, in large part, because lifeguards are generally high school or college students and lifeguarding is often their only job, and it does not pay particularly well. Getting a judgment of several million dollars against someone who will never be able to pay it back is comparable to not receiving a judgment at all.
- January 15, 20181. Establish distinct brand marks.Like a commodity, you want to impress your customers with the water amusement park. You must give them an undeniably strong reason to buy, in order to make them feel ...view
- January 15, 2018For a small water park of about 1,000 square meters, 1 million us dollar for investment. How long will it take to recoup the cost of investing in such a water park? This article will give you a detail...view
- October 31, 2017No matter for the operator or the owner of water park, the peak period of water park is like rush-harvest in rice's harvest season, peak period is too short to waste. But now the peak period of water ...view
- September 7, 2017Young children should wear a lifesaving device and many water parks provide them for no charge.Parents and guardians should always supervise young children around the pools, lazy river, wave pool and ...view
- July 6, 2017By Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd. If you’re planning to add an indoor water park to your existing hotel or start from scratch with a new construction project.Did you hear the o...view
- November 10, 2017As Harbin Beijing, August 8, (Wei Lai) reported, Yabuli Snow World on water officially opened in 8 Yabuli in Harbin, According to statistics, the Water World appealed nearly twenty thousand people the...view