Lifeguard in water park
It will be important to talk to witnesses to find out whether the lifeguards were actually performing their duties at the time the child drowned. As painful as it might be, it will also be necessary to determine if the child’s actions led to his death. For example, had he been asked to stop some behavior, such as trying to hold his breath under water? It will also be necessary to find out if the part of the park where the child drowned is designed in an unreasonably dangerous way, or is insufficiently marked for danger. Some examples might include a section of a wave pool or river where there is a particularly strong current or undertow or where the waves get higher than in other parts.
It may be more difficult to hold any individual lifeguard liable unless you can show that one, or a group, was acting in a particularly negligent or careless manner. An example of this might be that the lifeguards at that park spend more time chatting among themselves or with members of the opposite sex who are at the water park than watching for park patrons. Your attorney may want to talk to witnesses as well as examine park records for any records of complaints against the lifeguards.
Moreover, it is likely that the individual lifeguards will be judgment proof – in other words, no matter what monetary award may be brought against them, the injured child's family may never be able to collect it from them. This is, in large part, because lifeguards are generally high school or college students and lifeguarding is often their only job, and it does not pay particularly well. Getting a judgment of several million dollars against someone who will never be able to pay it back is comparable to not receiving a judgment at all.
- September 7, 20171. Eat during the busiest time of day. Around noon, the water park might start to get very crowded. This is a good time to eat so that you don't spend hours in line.2. Cool off in the wave pool. Visit...view
- July 6, 2017In the Summer the hot spots for people to cool off and beat the heat are water parks. When you’re visiting a water park you must keep in mind it's important to stay safe. So,before you head off to yo...view
- December 2, 2019From the beginning to the construction of the project, the design of the water park can be divided into the following seven stages:1. PlanningIt was the original source of the project. Mainly for some...view
- July 6, 2017A large number of water park investors concerned about the problem that how to investigate the water park equipment manufacture’s qualification and strength. The point of inspection of water park equ...view
- April 21, 2020The water park is one of the most popular places to visit in summer. What facilities does the water park usually have? Let's take a look.① Kids’ Water SlidesIt is preferable to forward place a k...view
- October 20, 2017With the rapid development of Internet, more and more customers have begun to understand the price of water park equipment through online channels. But we found that the clients who came to the consul...view