Lifeguard in water park
It will be important to talk to witnesses to find out whether the lifeguards were actually performing their duties at the time the child drowned. As painful as it might be, it will also be necessary to determine if the child’s actions led to his death. For example, had he been asked to stop some behavior, such as trying to hold his breath under water? It will also be necessary to find out if the part of the park where the child drowned is designed in an unreasonably dangerous way, or is insufficiently marked for danger. Some examples might include a section of a wave pool or river where there is a particularly strong current or undertow or where the waves get higher than in other parts.
It may be more difficult to hold any individual lifeguard liable unless you can show that one, or a group, was acting in a particularly negligent or careless manner. An example of this might be that the lifeguards at that park spend more time chatting among themselves or with members of the opposite sex who are at the water park than watching for park patrons. Your attorney may want to talk to witnesses as well as examine park records for any records of complaints against the lifeguards.
Moreover, it is likely that the individual lifeguards will be judgment proof – in other words, no matter what monetary award may be brought against them, the injured child's family may never be able to collect it from them. This is, in large part, because lifeguards are generally high school or college students and lifeguarding is often their only job, and it does not pay particularly well. Getting a judgment of several million dollars against someone who will never be able to pay it back is comparable to not receiving a judgment at all.
- November 20, 2017Most children and some adults like to visit a water park to cool down during the hot summer months. The manager is someone who the staff looks to for guidance. It takes a strong manager and people per...view
- August 20, 2018Haisan theme park water slides can be your satisfactory choice in summer because there is nothing can beat the heat better than water and fun! The Haisan tornado slide can furnish young people a refre...view
- July 6, 2017Before starting invest one water park,here is some tips for your reference:Appraisal of an indoor waterpark resort is similar to other appraisals in that it is a professional appraiser’s opinion of v...view
- July 6, 20171. Project investment depends on specific circumstances, do not pursue novelty and large-scale blindlyIn the limited open time to obtain a higher profit, it needs higher requirements for water amuseme...view
- October 31, 2017The majority of theme park injuries occur at water parks.According to survey from Guangzhou Haisan-the leading water park equipment manufacturer in China, Water park injuries for children frequently ...view
- July 6, 2017By Guangzhou Haisan Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd. If you’re planning to add an indoor water park to your existing hotel or start from scratch with a new construction project.Did you hear the o...view